Diabetes Canada Clinic
What’s it all about?
1 in 6 Brampton residents is impacted by diabetes. #Dynacare4Diabetes is a partnership between Dynacare and Diabetes Canada to raise awareness of the risk factors for type 2 diabetes, and provide access to testing for the communities who need it the most.
What are risk factors for type 2 diabetes?
You could be at risk if you are:
- Over the age of 40
- Of Asian, Indigenous or Black / Caribbean ancestry
- Are overweight
These are primary risk factors – and there are other environmental / genetic factors to take into consideration.
How does the #Dynacare4Diabetes mobile testing clinic work?
- You’ll get the chance to learn more about risk factors, symptoms and preventions from Diabetes Canada
- If you are considered high-risk, you can take a free A1C test from Dynacare onsite
- The A1C test is a blood test that measures blood sugar levels. Abnormal results could indicate the presence of prediabetes or diabetes – a diagnosis that can only be made by a medical professional.
- If your test results are abnormal, you will be contacted by a physician from Dynacare to discuss your results and how to access follow up care.
- You will be able to view your results online, by receiving a free Dynacare Plus membership at the event.
When and where is it?
The #Dynacare4Diabetes mobile diabetes testing clinic will take place on Saturday, September 11th, 2021 from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The clinic will be located at the Ruth Seventh-day Adventist Church (10755 Torbram Rd, Brampton, ON)